January 6, 2010

Christmas Part Two

In case you’re confused, you didn’t miss Part One.  I just haven’t uploaded our pictures yet from Savannah so we’re documenting our trip in reverse.  We flew into Savannah on the 19th and got to spend five whole days there.  It seemed like a lot beforehand but the time is always too short.  More on Savannah later. 

For as long as I’ve been around, my (Becky) family has made the drive to Atlanta on Christmas Day.  We wake up, open gifts, eat the best Christmas brunch ever, pack the car, and make the four hour drive to the big city.  Now that we’re married we still do all that…we just add the Everette family Christmas to the already busy morning.  This year was especially difficult because we were flying out of Atlanta and were not taking our own car up there.  Two people, a baby, two large and overstuffed (we were over our weight limit but the lady at the counter was nice to us and looked the other way!) suitcases, a duffel bag, a diaper bag, a car seat and a stroller…all packed into already full cars but we made it! 

In Atlanta, we visit Rick’s family that evening and then celebrate Christmas with my mom’s family the day after Christmas.  We do a white elephant exchange which is always fun and this year my cousin, Britt, managed to finagle the game so he could propose to his girlfriend.  How creative is he!  (Not to mention gutsy, proposing in front of the whole fam.)

12 26 09_1349[1]

So onto what you really want to know about….Halley.  She was a GREAT baby on all of our flights, four total.  She didn’t cry a peep and I bet that the people sitting next to us were quite relieved they got assigned next to us and not the other babies on the flight.  She didn’t even need a bottle to help her ears adjust to the pressure changes.  She was an angel.

Here is Halley meeting some of my favorite people…

12 25 09_1077

      My grandparents (Jane, whom Halley is named after)

12 26 09_1261

My two sisters…this is pretty much what we did for two days straight

Jaros Girls

Kathryn, Grandmommy, Halley & Me, Mom, Aunt Debbie

12 26 09_1306

I got a miniature version of the lamp from Christmas Story…Randy was a little miffed that I traded it for an iTUNES card. 

12 26 09_1443

Our sweet little family

12 26 09_1466

Our sweet big family

12 26 09_1458

And the one that won’t make the frame…seriously, can you tell I’m tired of trying to get the family picture to work?!?!?

12 28 09_1429

Halley doing tummy time with Jammie.  I promise we weren’t slipping alcohol into her bottle! 

12 28 09_1434

How sweet is that face?!?

12 23 09_1150 

Hangin’ with Uncle David and Uncle Charles

And one more just to make you laugh….

12 23 09_1162

And one more…

12 23 09_1164

Okay, I promise, that’s it.  She’s just so funny, I couldn’t resist.

I’ll post more later.  Also, we got a camcorder (are they still called that?)  for Christmas so stay tuned for fun videos…

3 comments:

Abigail said...

It looks like you had a great, but busy, time visiting family. Halley is adorable. I love the tummy time pics.

Anonymous said...

Finally, I have been checking every day! So sad we missed you guys. Call soon and praise God for a swet and easy baby, what a blessing Beck!

Randy, Becky, and Halley said...

She is definitely sweet and easy...most days. :) We are most blessed!