October 6, 2009

Awkward!

In my last attempt to educate myself before D-Day gets here, I enrolled in a nursing class at our hospital. Let me say that I give God full credit for his creativity in making the female body in a way that will sustain human life. However, I will spare you the details on what we talked about for your sake and mine.

A few things I learned in my class tonight:

1. I'm really glad I didn't drag Randy with me. It was awkward enough for me, let alone if I made him go too. (There was only one poor soul whose wife made him go.) If pictures aren't enough, apparently instructors are required to be comfortable feeling themselves up in front of class for demonstrative purposes.

2. You know those toys that have a drawstring in the back and then talk? Did you know someone makes a stuffed tata similar to that? Oh yes, they do. It even has a backside to show all the inner muscles and tissues. Clarification: It doesn't talk; however, pulling the string does make it contract to illustrate some educational principle. Who knew?
(And what do those people say when someone asks them what they do for a living?)

3. At each Family Education class that I've been to, the instructor brings some kind of snack for our break. Tonight's snack? Cookies and...you guessed it, milk. Go figure.

No comments: