October 9, 2009

Nursery

Hi gang,

I've been promising pictures of the baby's room so here we go. They really are not the best pictures but they're as good as they're going to get for now! You also can't tell the color of the room but it's Honeydew by Sherwin Williams....the perfect baby room color (after a dozen attempts).




My little sis and I went to Hobby Lobby this summer to go decorating-shopping and this is what we came away with. We bought these shadow boxes au naturel and painted them white. (This is not the final decorating lest you doubt that I am my mother's daughter...she's coming soon and I'll let her finish the details. I was merely putting things on shelves for pictorial purposes.)



Changing table matches the crib...nice sleigh style with honey finish
(We bought this off Craigslist for 25% of what original owners paid. I only stalked Craigslist for three months before finally purchasing this.)

Matching crib


I give Kathryn full credit for the wall art. We bought the rectangle frames (again, natural wood), painted them white, glued hangers on the back, glued the little animals to the front and Voila! Wall art for fifteen bucks total. She's a genius....or the true daughter of my mother. Ha! :)



I know you can't really tell what this is but I just had to take a picture of it. It's a rocker that my sis-in-law and her mom bought us. The baby's head fits in the headrest, it has little ears and so it makes the baby look like a little lamb. It is TOO cute. (I'll take another picture when the baby comes so you can get the effect.) We're sequestering it in the baby's room for the moment in case Chico decides he wants to take a chunk out of the lamb's head!




Bouncer that someone gave us and the bassinette where Baby will sleep for a few months






...And after three showers, a very crowded baby's room. You can't even walk into it right now. (And Randy thinks we can fit a glider in here?!?!?) We still need to replace the blinds, figure out window treatments, and buy a rug at some point. Maybe I'll get a chance to do all this before the baby comes but I definitely won't lose any sleep, at least not over the decorating, if I don't!

Hope this eases the curiosity!





















































































1 comment:

heather ryan morse said...

i love love the crib and changing table!! beautiful!!! and all you need for the baby are diapers, wipes, and a place for baby e to sleep :) so no sweat over the details :) unless of course you feel like nesting! Which I got that urge hard core.