April 22, 2010

Six Months!!!

 

Has it already been six months?!?!  Six months since we wondered “Is it a boy or a girl?”…Six months since I wondered “Can I really make it through the pain of labor and delivery?”…six months since I thought “Will I be a good mother? Do I have what it takes to take care of this sweet baby I don’t even know? Will Randy and I stay connected through this new phase of life?” 

What a blessing it has all been!  Yes, difficult.  Yes, self-sacrificing like I’ve never done before.  But oh, so wonderful.  I’m tearing up just thinking about it.  God has been so good.  Halley is perfectly healthy and beautiful and sweet and smart and funny. 

We went for her six month check up today and she’s right on track developmentally.  I told the nurse before she took all the stats “I bet she weighs 14 pounds by now!”  It seems like she’s grown so much over the past month.  All the rice cereal she’s eating has really given her a round face and a round belly.  Well, what do I know?  HJ weighed in today at 13 pounds 3.5 ounces which puts her in the 5-10% as usual.  She’s 26.5 inches which is 75-90% for height.  So it’s still the same!  Tall and skinny.  We’ve been given the clear to start her on first foods so a-blending I will go!  Halley is also “commando-crawling” meaning she pulls herself around with her arms.  She’s already pretty mobile…just wait until she actually uses her knees!!! 

I know most of these pictures look the same but HJ’s just so cute I couldn’t decide which ones to post.  I think she’s actually starting to figure out what the camera is so she’s flashing a big grin. 

GEDC1866

GEDC1867 

GEDC1868

GEDC1870

GEDC1871

1 comment:

The Kellys said...

She is just too cute!