February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’m not really a huge fan of Valentine’s Day but this weekend was really special. 

Randy’s mother, Sandy, has been in town visiting and she offered to babysit so we could go on a date.  I’m sure it was quite the sacrifice!  ;)

GEDC1576 

Randy and I drove up to Denver and ate dinner at this super-cool Mexican restaurant called La Sandia.  The food was great and it was nice to have some uninterrupted conversation.  (We also found a Caribou Coffee that was open late which was the real highlight of Randy’s night.)     

GEDC1572

I also got these beautiful flowers!

Did I mention how much I love my husband?  Not because of the flowers but because he really is the greatest guy.  I’m certain that God made him perfect for me!

 

GEDC1574 

This morning I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. 

GEDC1577

(Note:  it makes it much easier to remove the pancakes if you spray the cookie cutter first!)

And, most importantly, today was Baby Dedication Day at our church.  There is a gown that my grandmother made in 1954 and she shipped it to me last week.  My mother, aunt, sister, cousin and I have all worn it when we were baptized as infants.  It is so special and I’m glad Halley was able to continue the tradition by wearing it.  She looked beautiful and the congregation oooh-ed at her, which, of course, boosted our already-proud-parent egos.

GEDC1580 - Copy

GEDC1583 - Copy

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA             GEDC1597 - Copy

HJ was so good up on stage and almost fell asleep in Pastor Eric’s arms.  And in usual fashion, Halley was called by her alternate name today…while he was praying for her, he repeatedly called her “Hailey”.  I guess she’s just going to have to get used to it.  God knows who we were praying for so it’s all good!  :)  I haven’t had a chance to look at the video yet but I’ll post it later if it came out clearly.  I also need to get a good picture of Ms. Squirmy Wormy in her dress before I send it back to Grandmommy. 

I’ll try to post both of those later. 

It’s a busy week around here.  Sandy leaves on Wednesday and Thursday Halley and I head to Tucson to visit my dad.  Bonus…Aunt Kathryn will be there too!  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Mom/Jammie said...

Halley looks beautiful....bearing a strong resemblance to her mom and dad, of course! Sounds like Cupid showed up and you all had a love-filled weekend.

heather ryan morse said...

i love that family picture! halley is a beauty! dates really take on such new meaning when a baby enters the family!!! oh, and so do margaritas! :)