July 14, 2010

Stay at home dad with HJ...

So this is Randy chiming in. Most of you know that I'm in between jobs right now and therefore get to be a stay at home dad with little HJ while Beck puts in some hours at work to bring home some bacon. I absolutely love it, but it might be a little too much time off. Becky says I'm getting a little too silly and should wear a suit around the house just to keep my professional edge. I'd hate to get mashed peaches on a good suit. Becky is amazing and letting me get out to do some mountains so I don't get too stir-crazy.

And, for the record, I don't think you can ever say a house is "childproof" - "child-resistant" is more fitting and more honest. Man, she is into everything at knee level or below. Who would've thought leg hair would make such a good handhold? I'm considering shaving and saying it's for running purposes.

I'm throwing a few pictures on here of Halley, nothing amazing - a reflection of the dog days of summer maybe (and too much time at home)...

Halley decided to tease Chico for a little while. Sometimes, she forgets which toys are his and which ones are hers. In all fairness, so does Chico.



Halley & I usually have breakfast outside - it's beautiful weather.



Here, Halley got her hand caught up in her blankie of the month. I wasn't sure whether she looked like a superhero or a princess. Since I'm the dad here, I choose SuperHalley.



Come on. Tell me she doesn't look like she couldn't triumphantly save someone in that last shot.

For those of you wondering if she's walking yet, the answer is not quite. She loves standing and is ok with you holding her hands while she walks. Her crawling has definitely picked up some pace as you can see. Enjoy! You're going to want the volume up...



Ok, Halley is trying to re-arrange our DVD's again. Interestingly, she almost always stops to smile at "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Shrek." She's ecclectic like that. I need to go find a phone book for her to get her fisty little hands on. Apologies to Dex.

4 comments:

heather ryan morse said...

thanks for the update, dad! it is good to hear from men every once in a while. :) a man's perspective of a woman dominated world!..working at home that is...

Kate G. said...

I think we need to see more videos like that! Way to go, Rando.

Judy/Mom/Jammie said...

Ditto Kate G.! Love the sound track on that video...love the picture of ya'll eating breakfast. Too sweet!!

The Kellys said...

That is a great video!