July 18, 2010

Dog Days of July

GEDC2556

 

 

She’s a little overwhelming in this shot, but we think adorable.  Very in your face in the best way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GEDC2568GEDC2565

Halley loves her new little purple Polo dress outfit from Grandmommy.  Almost as much as she loves plain old Solo plastic cups.  Why do we spend so much money on fancy toys again?

GEDC2571

 

 

 

Getting a little carried away in her exploring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

GEDC2478

 

 

 

Halley was bummed when the US got knocked out of the World Cup.  She liked the colors of the Netherlands, but I’m worried she might pick up some of their crying, faking, whining, bad acting tendencies (this is Dad writing, in case you couldn’t tell).  I’m trying to get her to like the sport but all the bad acting and feigned injuries just don’t help that cause.

    

 

 

 

 

GEDC2788

 

We’ve decided to start home-schooling early with a little educational TV.  Halley did better during Kids’ Week, but her only answer is “Eeeeee!” and I don’t think she quite gets the whole answer-with-a-question thing yet.

 

 

 

GEDC2792

 

 

 

I don’t know if she was trying to buzz in from home or rooting for the girl in the middle.  For those of you worried about how close she is to the TV, the possibility of dumbing down our child, or about my childcare abilities, I moved her after a minute and we read a book instead.  War and Peace while listening to Mozart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We had a “Silly Goose” afternoon where Halley got to wear her Silly Goose outfit (which she’ll soon outgrow) and play with her Silly Goose.

GEDC2780 GEDC2779GEDC2777

But then she came after the camera…

GEDC2775GEDC2773

GEDC2797

 

Halley picked out a new flower (the purple delphinium* to the right of her in the picture) at Lowe’s and helped me put it in the pot (she tried to eat the dirt).  I figure that at some point, we’ll need to decide what chores she’ll have.  She reached for the broom, so I let her try it.

 

 

GEDC2798GEDC2799

 

 

I think this is where she started fussing about it being too hard, too hot and the broom being too heavy.  I blame the whining on the guys from the Dutch soccer actors.  I mean, players.

 

* – The fact that I (Randy) know what a delphinium is, while making Mamama (my mom) proud, is yet another indication that I might be suffering from occasional cabin fever.  Let’s put it this way: we didn’t need anything at Lowe’s.  I just wanted to go look at tools.

 

 

 

 

For those of you who care more about our daughter than soccer talk (as we do), I’ll end this one with a shot of HJ in her fancy new bathtub:

GEDC2572

2 comments:

Kate G. said...

Randy, you always make me laugh. I don't know how I feel about you getting a job now...

Don't stop blogging (or sharing pictures of your cute baby girl.)!

Judy/Mom/Jammie said...

I think I said this on the last post, but....DITTO Kate G from me! You should definitely do more blogging, and you're a really good photographer! You pick the best subjects....:)