June 10, 2010

Disaster Zone

 

Our family is officially living in chaos.  Our relatively-easy-bathroom-makeover has turned into a more-expensive-and-time-consuming-than-expected project. 

GEDC2081

GEDC2082

Yes, that is a diaper pail in the middle of the kitchen floor.

GEDC2083

GEDC2084

GEDC2085

GEDC2086

GEDC2087

We have been without bathroom sinks for almost a week.  (We’re brushing our teeth in the shower.) We can’t even park in the garage because the old sinks and countertops haven’t been hauled away yet.  I have approximately 28 hours until I need to be ready to board a plane.  Haven’t packed a thing yet.  AND…our realtor wants to come by and take pictures of our house (there’s no moving news yet, this is just preemptive) while we’re gone….which means we can’t leave it like this.  Our handyman will be here in the morning to finish up the work and I’ve got a zillion things to do between now and 4am Saturday when we leave for Atlanta.  Pray for us! 

On a brighter note, we’re heading on vacation!  Yippee.  You can’t clean your house or finish home improvement projects or plant flowers or sweep and mop on vacation.  I can not wait for sun and surf and family. 

HJ is doing great and I love her to pieces.  I started back to work full-time last week which has made it seem like I never see her!  I really don’t know how other moms do it.  Hopefully our situation is just temporary.  I introduced a sippy cup to her this week and Halley is a fan!  Take a look. 

GEDC2062

In the midst of our chaos, we got a chance to take a quick walk this week.  HJ likes to chill as she strolls.    

GEDC2069

She loves to lie back and put her feet up!  

I can’t wait to see her on the beach. 

No comments: