January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

Now that the holiday season is behind us, I’m hoping life will become “normal”, whatever that means.  We are moved in as much as we will be (although I am missing a critical mixing bowl that was my fave and I’m too cheap to buy another one), Randy is getting into a routine at church, and I may have a job.  More on that later. 

We enjoyed Christmas with both sides of the family, all without enduring the chaos of an airport for once.  We went to  Savannah before Christmas, came back to Marietta for church services, and then saw my family in Atlanta for a post-Christmas gathering.  Christmas morning was just the three of us.  I’m not quite sure Halley knew what was going on but at least she enjoyed ripping some paper this year. 

GEDC4115     GEDC4119

GEDC4123         GEDC4122

GEDC4135    GEDC4145GEDC4165    GEDC4169

 

GEDC4159           GEDC4163

 

We even got snow this year!  For the first time in a century, there was a white Christmas.  (I personally think God was trying to ease the pain of our move for Randy!  What a good God. ) Sadly these are the only pictures I have so I don’t have any of the snow or all of our Everette Christmas festivities.  I will say that Halley is getting cuter every day!  She is definitely on the go (all the time!) and continues to be a source of joy to everyone she sees.  I’ll post pics of her latest shenanigans soon.  (And you know by soon, I mean…later.)

2010 was definitely a tough year for our family.  It was full of uncertainty, angst, hard decisions and transitions.  But God proved himself faithful to us over and over!  I’m confident that God has good things for us this year…I just pray it will be a little more stable in 2011!  It’s always a wild ride when you’re following Him. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: