October 6, 2010

Halley’s 1st Introduction to Barbie and Apples

So, the other day, I’m cleaning out a cabinet and run across an old gag gift.  Our friends Dana, Noel & Hannah used to enjoy giving me girly stuff: pink ribbons, bows, anything frilly or glittery and a nice little Barbie doll with heels.  So, I’m cleaning out the cabinet and find the doll, but am trying to move quickly, so I just hand the Barbie to Halley and then I froze.  I just gave our daughter a doll.  I might as well have stuck my pinky out and started a tea party while singing something from Julie Andrews or Mary Martin (whoever that is).

But just when I thought I’d contributed to genderizing our little one, I saw how she was playing with it and I was just so, well, proud…

GEDC3601GEDC3605GEDC3606

 

 

Yep, that’s the head.  Apparently, she really like squishing it.

That’s my girl.

 

 

 

GEDC3615   

Halley’s friend Stella came over and helped the process along.

 

At this point, Chico has joined in the fun.  One of the legs has some little teethmarks by the (weird, high heel shaped) foot.

 

Apologies to Mattel.

 

 

I also had the joy of introducing HJ to her 1st apple.  Red delicious is the best kind.  Come on, it’s named delicious.  For good reason.

GEDC3598

 

 

 

It’s amazing how the messiest stuff can be the cutest.  It’s like the water explosion we call “bathtime.”

 

 

 

GEDC3599GEDC3600

2 comments:

Jennifer (Doherty) Brown said...

Just so you know, Joel was not aware Stella did this to your Barbie. He was pretty proud too.

Noel said...

I'm glad Halley enjoyed our gift so much! :) Who knew when we gave that to you 4 years ago that little Halley would be the one to destroy it! Hahaha love the pictures by the way!